The heart of the organization
BOMA committee members exude expertise and passion for the industry.
They channel it into the resources, publications, professional development opportunities and direction for the organization.
There are 10 standing committees and at least three ad hoc subcommittees which are project based. If there is a product, service or publication provided by BOMA, there is likely a committee behind it!
If you have a passion for the commercial real estate industry, love to learn and meet new people, and want to enrich your career in a fresh way, consider joining a BOMA committee! Apply Now!
This talkative group advises and directs the editorial and layout for the weekly BOMA Calgary eNews, quarterly newsletter BOMA Calgary News in Business in Calgary magazine and the annual BOMA Building Guide.
They advise on how and who to communicate with in the industry. They are also responsible for the 2012 book, Building on the Bow: Landmarks in Calgary Commercial Real Estate.Learn More
- As a volunteer and committee member, [BOMA membership] allows me to give back to our industry.~ Steve Pollard
- Membership with BOMA Calgary allows us to keep on top of industry trends and provides information that is specific to Calgary’s unique climate and culture. Our involvement in the Energy, Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Committee has allowed us an opportunity to be part of the discussion on how environmental issues can be included in any and all considerations of owning, operating and managing healthy and sustainable buildings.~ Lauren Minuk, Green Calgary
- I am a member for networking purposes and believe that you build your network within BOMA Calgary by actively participating. I have participated on committees since the early 90’s.~ BOMA Calgary Member
- The BOMA membership and association has greatly increased my network of current, past, and future contacts all of whom I have learned and grown from meeting. The Education committee has increased my awareness of the needs of our industry and has allowed me to grow more in my career path than I ever could alone.~ Anthony Tran, Allied REIT
- I’ve had the pleasure of being a BOMA Calgary member for many years now. Working with other members on their committees is fun and gratifying.~ Kerrie Nault, ICM Realty Group
Next Gen Committee
This is the under 35 set, an engaging group of young professionals who are bringing their youthful energy and passion for the industry to attract new talent to commercial real estate!
They are the face of BOMA and the industry at career fairs and external events, working to make sure people know their career options in this dynamic industry. They are the future leaders of the industry, flexing their considerable talents to promote and develop young members.Learn More