Why Choose BOMA?
Step into the limelight. Members receive preferential sponsorship, advertising and corporate promotion opportunities.
Be the first to know. Gain front-of-the-line access to robust members-only information and resources.
We’ve got your back. Receive representation municipally and provincially on behalf of Building Owners and Managers.
Expand your mind. Continue your education through RPA, FMA, online courses, and the Building Operations Level 2 Program.
BOMA was green before green was hip. We evaluate building performance through BOMA BEST® Certification.
Thrive in our vibrant community. Participate in the exclusive Mentorship Program and receive access to industry leaders.
We value our members and highlight their achievements. Enjoy industry recognition through the Certificate of Excellence Awards.
Rub shoulders with colleagues and industry leaders, while growing your professional network at over 30 events annually.
We’re on the pulse. Expect the most current and relevant information through BOMA Calgary publications and resources.
Extend Your Influence
BOMA knows there’s power in numbers. We provide opportunities to influence groups through committee work.
Membership in BOMA is open to any corporation engaged actively in the ownership and/or management of office, industrial or retail commercial property in Southern Alberta (from Red Deer, south).
- Proprietary Membership is available to a company or entity who owns and/or manage property, and to third-party property and facility managers.
Additional Member | $225
- Associate Membership is available to professionals and suppliers who support or serve the non-residential property industry. This includes, but is not limited to Engineering, Building Sciences, Environmental Services, Building Systems, Utilities, Telecommunications, Architects, Interior Designers, Legal, Appraisal, Real Estate Consultants, Suppliers and service contractors.
Additional Member | $225
- Students currently enrolled in post-secondary education or who have graduated in the past year, must have valid student ID or proof of graduation date. An intern must have a letter from the employer outlining the internship.
Want to be a part of pulse of Calgary’s commercial real estate industry?
Applying for a membership is quick and easy. Simply read our Code of Professional Ethics & Conduct, fill out a Membership Application and scan-email or fax it to us.Code of Professional Ethics & Conduct Membership Application Student Membership Application
We will contact your company’s references and issue an invoice. You will be granted active status as a BOMA member and receive a welcome email to get you started!
Depending on the above, the approval process can take 2 – 4 weeks. You may be contacted for additional information.
BOMA International Membership
BOMA members have the option to purchase a Canadian Member at Large (CMAL) membership with BOMA International. The company must be a current member of BOMA Calgary to be eligible for this membership, which is available until March 15 of each calendar year.
- My membership with BOMA Calgary has been hugely significant in the development of my career. BOMA Calgary is a community that supports young professionals – the opportunities for networking and career mentorship are excellent.~ BOMA Calgary Member
- Being a member of BOMA provides the opportunity to interact with key stakeholders in Calgary’s real estate market. Meeting members through events, committees and at educational learning opportunities provides ongoing networking, learning and exposure to what is happening in Calgary’s real estate market.~ BOMA Calgary Member
- I keep coming back to BOMA because of the following reasons: networking opportunities; opportunity to give back to the community; learn and stay current (i.e. develop my skills); and expand knowledge and awareness of the value that security brings to property management.~ BOMA Calgary Member
- BOMA is a group of professionals that work together to better the industry. Networking is a key component to the success of all of BOMA Calgary’s undertakings.~ Darryl Bunz, RPA
- BOMA provides ServiceMaster with a clear picture of what is currently happening in the local commercial real estate market.~ Joan Montgomery, ServiceMaster of Calgary Disaster Restoration
- BOMA is all about "target marketing" as a supplier to the commercial real estate market; all of your market is right in front of you. BOMA has been a huge success for me personally, and it only gets better the more you get involved.~ Fred Edwards, GDI Facility Services